Well, I am a little over 39 weeks pregnant and very excited to meet little Walt. He will be delivered at a local hospital, and because it is small, there have been very few opportunities for pre-natal classes. Today a class was offered; so, I spent my morning at the hospital learning what labor will really entail and where I need to go once the little bugger decides to show up. Cutting it a little close? Maybe. I had my fingers crossed that I would be the live demonstration, but as you can tell from me writing tonight, Walt has not shown up yet. John has the carseat ready to go, and I have the bags packed. The doctor said I could go any time, but I also know that he could wait around in his current little home for another week or more. Uff da.
Here are some things I have been doing to pass my time as I wait to become a mom:
1. Play with Chester. He knows something is up and keeps putting his nose on my belly.
2. Read. I am reading Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand. I highly recommend this book to my fellow literature-loving friends.
3. Nap. Everyone has advised me to sleep while I can, so I try to take naps on the weekends.
4. Pre-plan for my substitute teacher. This has been a LONG LONG battle. Sometimes I think it would be nice to have a job that did not require any preparation when I am going to be absent. I have been planning and prepping for over 4 months.
5. Exercise. I continue to walk, practice yoga, and stretch. I hope this helps when it comes time for labor.
6. Spend time with John. He is the best guy in the entire world. It is a little scary to realize it won’t just be the two of us anymore. We are both excited to be parents, but these last three years as a childless married couple have been pretty darn good.
Once Walter Justin Timberlake George Costanza Odde (just kidding…kind of) arrives I will let you all know. Keep our family in your prayers as we get closer to delivery.
The Displaced City Girl