I’m writing this at 4:30 AM. Baby O slept until 4:00 AM when she wanted a bottle. This is the longest stretch of sleep I have gotten in over four months. For that, I am grateful…and a little wide awake.
Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays. It’s relaxing. There aren’t any presents. Delicious food abounds. And there’s family. This year has been especially nice, and here are some reasons why:
1. My in-laws are a lot of fun; I lucked out!
2. The cousins are old enough to entertain themselves and play together
3. Our 11 year old niece is extremely helpful with Baby O
4. I got to spend one-on-one time with both my sisters-in-law
5. We played games
6. We ate. Boy did we eat! A ham meal at noon & turkey at suppertime
7. Stretchy leggings. Enough said.
8. Thanks to the Pollock Lutheran Church we had lefse!
This life isn’t easy. It’s great, but it isn’t easy. We spend a lot of time thinking about what more we want and need and not so much about what we have, but boy do we have a lot to be thankful for today and all days.
I hope your holiday week had been wonderful and family-filled. As Frank Reagan explains (I’ma Blue Bloods fan), when everyone else is gone, all we’ve got is family.
The Displaced City Girl